Friday, November 13, 2009

Books Purchased: Barnes & Noble, Round 1

Yesterday, swamped in a tide of unnecessary spending, I stacked books on the counter of Barnes & Noble. I've had weeks, months, actually, of free books arriving by mail. Some I've requested and some otherwise, flitting over unannounced, a few of them looking quite alien on my countertops. There are still scads of books I'd like to read, books I'm unable to request with my tenuous freelance relationships. And so the bitterness of my earnest-yet-fruitless library searches slapped me full force yesterday, when I unfortunately had upon my person both my membership discount card and my business credit cards. Egad.

Normally I wait until December 31, review my business spending, and make a large web purchase to bulk up my tax deductions. Not this time.

What have I carted home? Oh a few new friends, definitely. I shall spend this weekend reading. Possibly nonstop. Behold the shelf-expanding titles:

Olive Kitteridge, Elizabeth Strout
The Lace Reader, Brunonia Barry
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Austen and Grahame-Smith
Best Food Writing 2009, Holly Hughes
Shark's Fin and Sichuan Pepper, Fuchsia Dunlop
Confections of a Closet Master Baker, Bullock-Prado
Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant, Jenni Ferrari-Adler
Under the Table, Katherine Darling
The Pioneer Woman Cooks, Ree Drummond

No comments:

Post a Comment